Monday, August 15, 2011

One of the BEST days.

Last week Laura and I had one of the best days that we can remember.  We met up in the early afternoon to explore some of my favorite thrift stores in the neighborhood, and ended up finding so many treasures at my local American Way that is was hard not to get back to the house immediately to decorate.  The wheels had started turning and we decided that my bedroom would get it's 2nd makeover! ;)  Yes, I know that I had just posted a blog about redecorating my bedroom but hey i'm a girl and we like change (that might be why i don't remember my natural hair color).  ;)

And the day begins... 

Laura found this great piece of fabric, I can't wait to see what she decides to do with it.  There were talks of making an ipad cover for her husband, but knowing her she will use every last scrap of that fabric to create some of the most wonderful homemade treasures. 
You know me and lace, I just couldn't pass this up at only 4.99.  This would be the design project of the day!


Pretty sure she has something in mind with this piece of fabric!  She also snatched an AWESOME hammock that I can't wait for her to show you!


Well once again this is the before picture of my bedroom... and yes it definitely looks lived in. ;)
And the AFTER! Whoohoo for lace headboards!  This was Laura's brilliant idea to make a headboard out of that lace curtain we found and i must say it adds the perfect amount of feminine to my room. I'm in love. 
We switched around the frames and tacked up a space for my hats on the  wall adjacent to the windows. 

We picked up these cute succulents at Ikea for only 1.99 and that silver pot was .79 cents, I thought they went perfect with my family photos!

We found this lovely Aloe plant also at Ikea for only 2.99, and the plant pot for only 1.99!
;)

This monster of a scarf man was in the corner of my room making it feel very small.  So I decided to give him a new home in my closet where he would be at home with the winter coats.

Now the corner is free to be a work space/desk.  I loove how open it makes my room feel!
I had been wanting to use this rug since I picked it up last christmas and it was Laura's great idea to put it at the end of my bed. i love it!   Hope this has inspired you to seek out some fun vintage finds of your own!  -V xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment