Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shake Your Hair Feathers

  Yes... I just went there.  

In case you have been living in a cave this spring and have missed out on my favorite new hair accessory let me enlighten you.  They are FEATHERS!!  I first saw them sprouting up in Las Vegas while I was there in December working a trade show,  let me tell you it took me 4 days but i finally found the vendor who was selling and "installing" these amazing accessories.  All you need for assembly are just a few simple tools and a second or two and viola...instant coolness!  The lady promised if I took good care of them they would stay in about  a month..well close to 3 months later they were still in tight! I took mine out myself (with a pair of pliers, no damage was done to my hair) so I could dye my hair, and have yet to put them back in due to equal parts laziness and indecisiveness about changing the color.  But that doesn't mean I've forgone feathers all together...keep reading below for a less permanent option. ;)


My December feathers. ;)

If you are hesitant about putting these in yourself or just feel like you would rather be able to change your choices day to day, then I suggest clip in hair feathers. 


 Etsy.com has a great selection!  My current favorites are from: 

FOLKANDFAIRY TALE
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FolkandFairyTale

They have a great selection for a very reasonable price, I own the "Skinny Fox" (pictured above) and just love it!  In fact it's going on tour with me in a few weeks... (have i mentioned I'm headed out on tour with the lovely Stevie Scott yet??  blog post to come!)!!!


Here I am with the Skinny Fox, sorry my phone/camera cut off the bottom of the pic..but hey i was sitting in traffic and it started moving.  ;)

I also have my eye on FOLKANDFAIRY TALE's "Auburn Skinny"

I just might need to add this one to my "tour collection" as well!!! ;)


Celebrities are loving this trend too!!  




Hope you feel inspired to put your own spin on this fun new trend and that you shake your hair feathers!

xoxo
-V

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my shop on your blog! Just sent out your Auburn Skinny hair feathers :)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/folkandfairytale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for creating such amazing hair feathers!!! Excited to receive it!! xoxo
    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete