Saturday, July 30, 2011

wannabe: style


I love the Dick Van Dyke Show.  I love Dick Van Dyke. I love Mary Tyler Moore. I love the writing. I love the personalities. I love how what is happening in each episode is a ridiculous version of something that I have experienced. Not that I'm accident prone or anything... that was a lie.
The internets is very much lacking photos of the set or from shooting and since I really can't watch every episode, screen grabbing the things I love, you'll have to go watch them yourself and enjoy the humor and the set and dress design. Its streaming on Hulu. Do it.

So, quickly, here are a few design elements that I am hoping to add to my home:



A whole wall full of framed ink and pen drawings. Love.


This one is all about the kitchen chairs and those open shelves.

Everything from the sofa to the chairs to the tables are just beautiful. And this was the office. I wouldn't mind going to work to an office furnished like this.
I love the Danish style. Very clean and open, tapered legs and warm teak.
One day I'll tell you a story about some lovely Danish chairs similar to these that I once had. It was sad. You'll cry.

Less about decorating and more about the cuteness... and flat front khakis. 
and more just plain cuteness.


And finally, if you needed a reason to watch, see the joyous faces below and click the pic. You'll thank me later... after you've accidentally watched 3 episodes and find yourself incredibly happy and wanting to run to your nearest thrift store for clothing and amazing chairs.

-L


No comments:

Post a Comment