Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simple Lemon Pasta

I have a friend whose mother makes the most amazing lemon pasta.  It's the kind that you wake up craving in the middle of the night and dream about crashing their family functions just so you can eat it.   On many occasions I have tried to recreate it but unfortunately I fail every time, however, instead of giving up I concocted my own version to hold me over until I can get to their house. ;)  
So this is MY pasta dish..super easy, super simple, and you only need a few ingredients! ENJOY


Ingredients:
Pasta (I use whole wheat Thin Spaghetti) 
Olive Oil
Garlic
Lemons
Cherry Tomatoes
Salt and Pepper


 Start with your spaghetti


While your Spaghetti is boiling cut up your tomatoes and halve your lemons.  


In a saucepan combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  I eyeball the amounts, you want enough oil to coat the amount of spaghetti you used and i'm a huge fan of garlic so I add quite a lot.  Bring the oil to a sizzle long enough to brown your garlic.  Once browned take off the heat and set aside.


Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it then toss it into the saucepan with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.


Then squeeze your lemon halves over the pasta.  I used 3 lemon halves for this picture. (I LOVE LEMON)


Finally add the tomatoes and more salt and pepper and mix it all together!


Finished Product!!  ;)

* If you find that you are adding to much salt to the dish try substituting regular olive oil for flavored olive oil.

-V 

No comments:

Post a Comment