Thursday, May 19, 2011

Frame It!

Here's a quick project for those of you who are looking for a way to organize your jewelry, or that of a loved one - you know you want to! I'm a big fan of organization and I'm also a little forgetful. This solved both, in that now I can see what I have and its very tidy!

Framed!

 Find yourself a frame. I loved how this one was on the small side and a little beat up. Secret: its actually the inside framing from an old painting that someone didn't like so much and ripped off. There's some old newspaper that was used as batting. Classic and awesome.

 Picture hanging wire. Less than 3 bucks and you'll find tons of uses for it!

(I had my man help, just for the fun it!)
Add one screw to each top corner, don't screw it in all the way, leave a little space to wrap your picture wire around it for hanging on the wall.

 Measure!! I put the first wire at 1 inch from the top and then used my longest pair of earrings as a guide to measure the height from the bottom of the frame for the second wire. Mark your place for the screws with a pen or pencil, cut the length of wire with wire cutters and get to work. Leave a little space when putting those screws in again and wrap the ends of that wire around them. 

Hang the frame up before you hang your jewelry on the wires. 
I really like the end result and I can finally see all of my lovely things!

Some other really sweet examples of frames-turned-jewelry-organizers:
Via cubly.com
Via squidoo.com



-L





No comments:

Post a Comment