Sunday, May 22, 2011

High Waisted Madness & Super Steals


I'm a huge fan of 70s fashion and could not have been more delighted to learn that high waisted jeans had made a comeback!  Needless to say I'd been on the lookout for an affordable pair these last few months and was having trouble finding anything within my budget.  So i decided to look online at one of my favorite stores, ASOS,  I'd only recently discovered their website and must say I was an instant fan. These babies only set me back $64.63 with free shipping!!  Who does that? Amazing!! Plus the site does really cool runway videos of each piece so you can watch how the clothes move, and they also add the models height...very helpful for tall girls like me!!  



What I'm Wearing

Pants:  ASOS Rio Blue High Waist Kickflare  www.asos.com
Top:  Cotton On Blue Polly Woven Tank   www.cottonon.com
Necklace:  The Giving Keys   www.thegivingkeys.com
Clutch:  Vintage, straight out of my mom's closet  ;)
Shoes:  Forever 21 Gladiator Sandals www.forever21.com


I also wanted to share 2 super steals I found this week!

The first being this amazing Royal Blue Dress I bought from Anthropologie! I normally am not able to find much within my price range when i visit, but this day was different!  I found this dress marked down 75% and it was the last one in my size...hooray!  I think it's perfect to wear to a summer wedding, the color is gorgeous and it reminds of a style worn in the 1940s, my fav.  ;)  ... and yep that is my shoe and sock. nice touch huh.


www.anthropologie.com 

Lastly, I needed to find a LBD that was appropriate for the occasion I was headed to and yet one that was still stylish.  Thankfully Macy's had just what I needed that was within my budget!  However the dress came with a  sad looking plastic belt which I quickly took off and replaced with this brown belt from TopShop.  I thought it was a nice contrast with the black and even though you can't see it I paired the outfit with nude heels  and a black vintage bag from my mother's closet.  ;)


www.macys.com

Happy Shopping everyone...be mindful of the best deals and your budget...spend wisely! ;)

xoxo

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment