Friday, June 17, 2011

lovely handmade inspiration

its wedding season. The sun is shining, the kids are on break from school and young love is everywhere.  I've been married for a million years now, but I still get excited about weddings. I still love going to celebrate a couple's love and I still love helping my friends during the planning process. And, I still love my wedding.

Lately, and this warms my heart to its core, DIY love is everywhere in weddings. My wedding a million years ago was a picnic... literally. We ate on the ground. Everyone I knew was in on the planning and creating and the result was that everyone at the wedding felt they had a special part in it. It was wonderful.

So, this ones for the girls. =)  

The great thing about looking at wedding blogs is that I find a ton of great ideas that extend beyond weddings. Summer parties, back yard bbq's, and one of these days I want to play a show in a field on a stage like the one you'll see below.  A girl can dream about playing in a prairie....


via labellebride.com
K, cutest idea for a bouquet yet. Take the idea beyond that and I can see a cute and easy spring table decor that won't cost more than the time to collect all your wayward buttons and plugging in a glue gun.

 via bowtiesandbliss.com
 Ikea lanterns a-plenty and suddenly you look fancy. Or, cans and candles, Mason jars and candles and whatever else you can string from a tree and stick a candle in. Or, if you are especially jazzy with your weaving skills, I would very much like you to make me some of those wooded twinkle light globes please.

via bowtiesandbliss.com & thegreendandelion.blogspot.com
 So, do you see what I mean about the field and the stage and the me playing music on it? That stage setting was built by some lucky ladies fiance. Wasn't that sweet? 
Plus, I love the pinwheels and kites in the arch above. I know that most boys don't get it, but I wouldn't mind just having one in my house somewhere. It would make walking into the next room somethin' special.

via theknottybride.com & bellethemagazine.blogspot.com
I love succulents. Los Angeles may have grass but it isn't native. Neither are the palm trees, but that's another thing. Succulents are the cutest and easiest plants for dry climates and I love the idea of using them as decoration. As we are planning my good friend Kiersten's wedding, I saw this and immediately thought of her. She, like me, has a special place in her heart for the cute little things. 

via hatunot.squarespace.com
 duh. love for any day.
 (nobody says duh anymore. yet I still keep holding on.)

via emmalinebride.com
Perfection.

via www.bijouxbride.com
yes please. next birthday party I will be having an oreo tower.


Simple. Love.

via ruffledblog.com

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment