Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tour Last Day - Los Angeles

Well we did it and now The Nightingale Tour has officially come to an end...oh so bittersweet!  Last night was incredible and such a fun show with our friends at Room 5 in LA.  Room 5 is one of my favorite venues, it boasts great seating (yes you actually get to sit down!!), yummy food, a great staff and Joel always makes you sound amazing thanks to his skills on the sound board.  So needless to say I always want to play here!  We had the AMAZING Kris Karlsson join us on guitar and bgv's (you can see him in the corner of the pic below) Kris is the genius behind my album and if you ask anyone who knows him they will tell you he is one of the most talented and humble musicians in Los Angeles.  So we lucked out by having him join us!!  Lucky girls!  
  


Tour was a whirlwind that brought tons of growth in each of us and solidified an already strong friendship.  Needless to say there are few people in LA that I love as much as Stevie Scott, and I couldn't have been more excited to share my first "tour" experience with her!!  And just in case this is the first time you've visited the blog and don't know the brilliance that is her music you can listen to it here  www.StevieScott.com and buy it on Itunes!

Thank you to everyone who has read this blog over the past few weeks and who have made it out to a show, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be able to do this everyday and to share parts of my life with you.  Thank you for stopping us after a set and saying hi, for your kind words and encouragement, thank you for buying our cd's, bracelets and shirts, thank you for wanting to know more about She Dances and picking up their card at our merch table.  I have walked away from each encounter feeling thankful for you and the fact that you chose to take the time to say hi.  And even though the tour has ended and I'm back at home I still carry around little pieces of you and it is changing me for the better, and for that I can never thank you enough!!!

xoxo

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment